For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Faber-Castell Aktiengesellschaft of Amtsgericht Fürth HRB 8213
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, operating system and platform.
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), page interaction information and page impressions, date and time of your visit, and session details.
- Information we receive from other sources. We work closely with our third party payment and delivery providers. We will receive information about you, such as the status of your payment and/or delivery, from them and combine this with other information you give to us and use it in the ways set out below.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our site and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can find more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them in pdf you can download here: List of Cookies
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Social media buttons
Where we have social media buttons on our site, we will use them to collect information about how many people click on or share pages using those buttons, but we will not use them to collect any personal data.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us.
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with our newsletter, only if you have consented to this. If you have subscribed for our newsletter and you do not want us to use your data in this way anymore, you can unsubscribe from the newsletter via an unsubscribe-link, which you will find in every newsletter and in the newsletter-confirmation e-mail. If you have a customer’s account you can also unsubscribe from the newsletter in your account.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you. Such third parties have been specifically chosen by us and your data will not be used for any other purpose than to enable us to fulfil our contract with you.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Faber-Castell Aktiengesellschaft or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored at a destination inside the European Economic Area.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers and will be encrypted using SSL technology. We will not store any payment details as payment will be processed by an independent third party who will only provide us with your payment status details. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Please note we will never ask you to disclose this password to us, and we ask you not to share this password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Faber-Castell Aktiengesellschaft, Datenschutzbeauftragter, Nürnberger Str. 2, 90546 Stein, Germany AND firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.